We are pleased to announce the following upcoming seminars. Registration is required.
A college and scholarship prep program that helps students be their competitive best for college scholarships. Scholarship YOUniversity helps YOU the student:
- identify best fit college/universities
- search and apply for scholarships
- determine whether ACT or SAT is a better fit
- prep for the SAT or ACT
- develop application essays
- complete college applications
Info Session Dates:
July 20: 6:30-7:30 pm
August 26: 10 am-11 am
September 12: 6:30-7:30 pm
Registration: click here
This is a rigorous, limited-spaced program that requires an application and minimum 3.5 GPA. Class of 2019
A test prep and college essay workshop designed for 12th graders who have a very strong direction of where they will apply, yet desire additional support to put together an outstanding application. Senior Express includes an SAT or ACT test prep course in fall 2017 and workshops that focus on student’s college application essays. Get in the Senior Express and be ready to apply to college before the end of the first semester.
Info Session Dates:
For info session registration click here
For seminar/class registration click here
Getting College Ready (formerly Jump Start Your College Prep)
Designed to assist students in grades (9-11) in gaining a greater awareness of how to get into the college of their choice.
- Focus on Your Path– A Career Exploration Seminar- As you move on from high school to college you will face many choices, including what career path to take. Learn how to develop your interests into ideas for possible college majors and careers.
- How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Excel in Your College Admissions Preparation- Learn the top 12 strengths and experiences colleges look for in high school students. Identify which one(s) will help you stand out from other applicants and get admitted to the college of your choice.
- Choosing a Good Fit College- With over 3,000 colleges, how do you decide which colleges are a “good fit” for you? Find out some techniques on how to identify colleges that fit you well academically, socially and financially. Learn which college characteristics are important you.
Each student will work one-on-one and in small group setting to: complete career assessment to utilize when selecting a college major, high schools courses and activities; identify top strengths colleges seek in applicants, and identify factors which are important to them when selecting a college.
Navigating College Admissions
Are you a high school student or the parent of a high school student? The college admissions process can be very stressful and time consuming for the entire family. This workshop will provide tips on academic performance, extracurricular activity participation, and college preparation
Taming the Financial Aid Monster
Learn the keys to maximizing financial aid by understanding the ins and outs of the financial aid process and what parents need to know to get the most free money; and more!