Author: Rhonda Manns, A2Z College Planning
‘Tis the season to think about family, friends, and all you want to accomplish in the New Year. If your child is heading to college this year or next, take this opportunity to boost his or her college dream.
1) Volunteer – Colleges are interested in having the best and most well-rounded students as graduates of their colleges. Encourage your child to volunteer with a charitable organization and help those less fortunate while packing his/her application with current and relevant volunteer experience.
2) Fundraising – The holidays are packed with friends and family members who are looking to buy gifts for others. Your child can help his/herself and others by fundraising for college expenses through bake sales, home crafts, or personal services like Christmas tree disposal.
3) Hit the Books – The holiday break at Christmas is a time of relaxation, but it’s also an opportunity to get ahead of course work. Ensure that your student is revved up for the New Year by spending a bit of time studying new course material for the coming semester.
4) Encourage Ethical Giving – Often friends and family members are stumped by what gift to get a teenager for the holiday season. If college is a few short months away, a donation to the child’s college fund is a perfect gift that will give for the rest of the year and beyond. The gift of a one-on-one College Admission Consulting through A2Z College Planning can be made simply by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Get Organized – High school and college planning can be a stressful time for students, and its can be difficult to juggle deadlines for both college applications and high school course work. Help your student out by providing them with the necessary tools such as school materials or a personal organizer.
Happy holidays to all our readers!