December 2022 Newsletter – Honors Programs Offer Special Benefits
- Honors Programs Offer Special Benefits – As seniors review their college lists, they might find themselves caught between their desire for the intimate learning environment of a liberal arts college and the options and experiences available at a large university. One way to have the best of both worlds is through a university honors program. Learn more about honors programs here.
- Majoring in Biomedical Engineering – Competitive average starting pay, median mid-career pay, growth in salary, and wealth of job opportunities all contribute to the value of your chosen major. Biomedical Engineering is one of the majors that is considered most worth your tuition, time and effort. But what is Biomedical Engineering?
- Write Your Way to a College Scholarship – Does it really pay to spend time crafting essays for scholarship competitions? Writing a really dynamite essay can pay off handsomely, and, unless the topic is unusually specific, essays can often be tweaked to fit the requirements of several contests. Start here.
- Responding to Early Admission Decisions – Cooler weather, holiday gifts and early college decisions generally arrive in December. When you receive a response to your early applications, how and when should you respond?
- Character Counts – Admission officers are assembling a freshman class of students who will be studying and living together, and one of the questions they consider as they read applications is “Would I want this person in my community?”