February 2016 Newsletter-What are the Best Extracurricular Activities?
A2Z College Planning is pleased to announce that several of our Senior students have already received early acceptance into their top colleges!
Whether you’re just receiving your acceptance letters, you’re focused on keeping on track with your last few months of high school study, or you’re planning for how you’re going to manage college expenses, this is a busy time for senior year high school students and their parents.
There’s lots of great information in this newsletter to help 9th,10th and 11th graders plan for college.
This month’s newsletter topics include:
- What are the Best Extracurricular Activities? – Does it really matter to admissions what types of activities consume your time and interest? Are some activities more valued than others?
- Majoring in International Business – Explore this highly coveted major for our increasingly global society
- Sources of College Scholarships – Learn how to qualify for the numerous merit scholarships awarded by the colleges themselves
- Set up a Summer Internship Now – It may seem early to you, but the best internships for high school students are filled in the dead of winter. Discover how you can find one for yourself.
- Understanding Rank and GPA – Colleges are concerned about these, but what do they mean and how are they calculated?
As always, if you have any comments or are seeking help with pursuing your college dream, I’d love to hear from you.
To Your College Success,
Rhonda Manns McRae, LPC-S, NCC, NCSC
College Admissions Consultant
A2Z College Planning
Member: IECA, HECA, SACAC