February 2023 Newsletter – Tax Benefits That Help Cover the Cost of College
- Tax Benefits That Help Cover the Cost of College – Educational tax benefits can help U.S. students offset the cost of college by reducing their or their parents’ Federal tax obligations. Many American families, however, aren’t aware that these programs exist. Don’t be one of the 14 million families that miss these benefits each year.
- How College Admission Has Changed – The college admission process wasn’t nearly as anxiety-producing thirty years ago. Parents who haven’t been through it have heard horror stories from friends and relatives, but they don’t understand why things are so different now. Learn what’s different here.
- Majoring in Health Care Administration – Do you love the idea of a healthcare career but hate the thought of all the science classes required for a medical or nursing degree? If so, consider a major in health care administration, one of the fastest growing career paths in the healthcare industry.
- Feeling Stressed – Try a Meditation App – Anxiety levels are off the charts for high school and college students in our post-Covid world. Meditation Apps can help you get control of anxiety.
- Big Fish or Little Fish? – Many people assume that it’s better to attend the most selective college possible, even if your high school grades, test scores, and other measures place you towards the lower end of the college’s student body. The rationale behind this “small fish in a big pond” line of thinking is that students will always benefit from being surrounded by smarter peers, as well as enjoy the perceived prestige of the more selective school. Yet, research suggests otherwise.