May 2023 Newsletter – Maximizing Your Summer Break
- Maximizing Your Summer Break – Summer provides the best opportunity for future college applicants to separate themselves from the pack. As the number of students applying to colleges continues its upward trajectory, so too does the need for students to make an effort to distinguish themselves. So how do you get noticed? Doing something meaningful over the summer is one of the most effective ways to stand out.
- Studying Abroad – Freshman Year or Later – The opportunity to live and study in a foreign country is seen by students and parents alike as not just a fun part of college but necessary preparation for working in a global economy. But there are many different types of study abroad programs. Consider these opportunities.
- Majoring in Molecular Biology – Molecular biologists explore cells, their characteristics and parts, chemical processes, and how molecules control cellular activity and growth. They frequently focus on certain types of molecules or work to define the biological processes that cause genetic defects. Majoring in this field prepares students for various careers in scientific research, medicine, bioengineering, and biotechnology.
- Cutting the Cost of College – As financial aid packages arrive, families are faced with just how much college will cost. At many schools, self-help is up, and gift aid is down. That means colleges offer fewer tuition discounts or grants and expect families to assume more of the college financial burden. Luckily, there are ways to cut the cost of college. Explore them here.
- Colleges that Change Lives – when a college routinely admits B students and transforms them into high-achieving, confident college students, that school has more of an impact than a highly-ranked college that only accepts top students. Read on to learn about colleges that do just that!