Spring Break is right around the corner for high school students. For some, this means a genuine rest from studying and for others; it means a week dedicated to serious thought on their college dreams. For best results, I recommend a bit of both!
This month’s newsletter topics include:
- Spring Break College Tours – both the best and busiest time to visit colleges, Spring Break tours can help you find the colleges with the qualities you value.
- Majoring in Peace & Justice Studies – a great major for students who care deeply about social justice, conflict resolution, and creating peace.
- Sources of Merit Scholarships-part 2 – merit awards from private organizations may help college students avoid too much debt. Find out how to find these awards.
- Ideas for a Productive Summer – what you do during summer vacation can affect your college admissions. Learn about ways to craft a summer that can make a difference
- The Wait-list Blues – if one or more of your colleges have stranded you on the wait-list, you need to act right away.
As always, if you have any comments or are seeking help with pursuing your college dream, I’d love to hear from you.
To Your College Success,
Rhonda Manns McRae, LPC-S, NCC, NCSC
College Admissions Consultant
A2Z College Planning
Member: IECA, HECA, SACAC